Fire Safety Security
Fire is one of the most catastrophic things that can happen to ones home. There are 2 major factors in fire safety:
- Taking steps to lower the likelihood of a house fire
- Developing an escape plan in case of a house fire
Keys factors in home escape are:
- Install smoke detectors on every floor, and within each sleeping area. Test these regularly.
- Draw and discuss a floorplan with your family. Plan a possibly escape route from each room
- When smoke is seen, a smoke alarms is heard, or someone shouts fire they should immediately follow the escape plan.
- Arrange a meeting place outside of your home, all family members should head there immediately upon escaping
- Never re-enter a burning building, all family members must be aware of this.
Our new fire safety checklist provides a quick summary of the key aspects of home fire security.