Every fire safety item should be checked:
Smoke Alarms and Fire Extinguishers
- Do you change your Smoke Alarm batteries 2 times year?
- Do you test your Smoke Alarm every 3 months?
- Is there a smoke alarm on every floor?
- Is there a smoke alarm in every bedroom?
- Is there a smoke alarm outside of every sleep area?
- Are you smoke alarms clean? (Do you dust / vacuum them?)
- Do you have emergency flashights with fresh batteries? (In every bedroom, and the kitchen)
- Is there a fire extinguisher in the kitchen?
- Have you practiced your escape with your children?
Heating and Fireplaces
- Do you clean your fireplace / wood-burning stove inspected every year?
- Does your fireplace have screen/doors to prevent sparks?
- Is there ventilations / fresh air intake into the fireplace?
- Do you keep space heaters at least 3 feat from flammable/combustible items?
- Does every bedroom have a window?
- Do all security bars have a quick release that all family members can easily use?